Storm Insurance Related Questions
Call SERVPRO of Bartow County 24/7 Emergency Storm Repair Services (770)387-7455
SERVPRO of Bartow County answers hundreds of emergency water restoration calls every year from often frantic customers dealing with their first storm related insurance claim. This can be a very trying and stressful time for even the coolest headed individuals. SERVPRO has your back and can make it “Like it never even happened.” With over 1600 franchises nation wide we have the national backing to handle any size disaster.
SERVPRO of Bartow County prides itself on not only restoring our customers property, but also our customers peace of mind. Customers tend to have questions flying through their head causing all sorts of anxiety and stress. Having a company that you can turn to, to answer your questions and provide 24/7 service is essential.
Some of the most common questions customers ask us about their home, condo or business water damage:
- Is a water leak covered by home insurance?
- Is a leaking toilet covered by insurance?
- Is water damage from a leaking roof covered by insurance?
While we wish we could give a simple yes or no answer to these questions, there are way too many variables to issue such an overly simplified blanket answer. If you have questions about your coverage, we encourage you to contact your insurance agent. Familiarize yourself with your policy and don’t be afraid to ask your agent questions about coverage. Knowing what kind of coverage, you have will prevent you from being ill prepared when disasters happens.
Types of water damage that depending on coverage, may or may not be covered by your insurance policy:
- Sudden or Accidental Discharge - A window is broken allowing rain water to damage the interior of a structure.
- Sewer Backup or Water Backup - The sewer system is clogged causing sewage to flow backwards into a home or business.
- Overflow - A water shut off valve or drain fails causing water to flood a kitchen or bathroom.
- Flood - During inclement weather water levels rise such that water engulfs street, home & business.
- Insurance Covered Storm Related Water Damage - This would be determined on a case by case basis and depend on the insured’s coverage
SERVPRO of Bartow County is a leader in the water restoration industry and is a preferred service provider for most major insurance providers. This means that SERVPRO has pre-negotiated pricing, rates and terms of service with your insurance provider on a national level. Providing both cost savings for insurance companies and their customers. It also means that you will receive the same high level of service from highly trained restoration professional no matter where you live!
Give SERVPRO of Bartow County a call today!
Seven Emergency Preparedness Tips
Call SERVPRO of Bartow County for 24/7 Emergency Restoration Services
If a disaster strikes, will you be ready?
In recent years, many different types of disasters have affected the United States. Flooding, tornadoes, hurricanes, wildfires and blizzards are natural disasters that can threaten your home, business and community. SERVPRO of Bartow County wants you and your customers to be aware of the steps to take to help prepare for Mother Nature’s worst.
It is important to prepare before a disaster occurs. Consider the following steps to help you better prepare for an emergency:
- Sign up for local alerts and warnings, download apps, and/or check access for wireless emergency alerts.
- Develop and test emergency communication plans.
- Assemble update emergency supplies.
- Learn about local hazards and conduct a drill to practice emergency response actions.
- Participate in a preparedness discussion, training, or class.
- Collect and safeguard critical documents.
- Plan with neighbors to help each other and share resources.
You can reach SERVPRO of Bartow County at (770) 387-7455
SERVPRO of Bartow County Is On Your Side
SERVPRO of Bartow County locally owned and operated franchise!
SERVPRO of Bartow County is and emergency fire, water and mold restoration company that is available 24 hours a day 7 days a week. We service all size restoration emergencies, large or small. Cleaning up and restoring water damaged homes and businesses is our specialty. Delaying even just a few hours can increase the severity of water damage. Immediate action is the best course of action. Call SERVPRO of Bartow County if you have a sewage backup, water heater leak, or any other type of water loss. We will make it, “Like it never even happened!”
We Answer the Phones 24/7 - Ready to Help - Call Today - (770) 387-7455
We understand that when you call us, you may be feeling confused, stressed, and vulnerable. You need an expert to guide you through this crisis. SERVPRO of Bartow County has the specific water damage training and experience to help you through this tough time. We specialize in water damage restoration—in fact, it's the cornerstone of our business.
What to Expect
When you call, we will ask several questions regarding your water damage emergency. These questions will help us determine what equipment and resources to bring, including how many trained SERVPRO Professionals may be needed.
Our SERVPRO Representative will ask several questions:
- Your name and contact information
- Your insurance information (if applicable)
- The street address of the water-damaged home or business
- When did the flooding or water damage occur?
- What caused the water damage (if known)?
- Is there electricity available (on-site)?
About SERVPRO of Bartow County
SERVPRO of Bartow County specializes in the cleanup and restoration of residential and commercial property after a fire, smoke or water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration. From initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification -https://www.IICRC.org/page/IICRCCertifications- , rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.
- ASD - Applied Structural Drying Technician
- RRRP - Lead-Based Paint Activities and Renovation
- WRT - Water Damage Restoration Technician
- ECTP - Employee Certification Training Program
- Bartow County Chamber Of Commerce
- Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification - IICRC
Get to know SERVPRO of Bartow County
Are you one of our satisfied customer? Leave us a review on Facebook, Google, or Yelp!
Storm or Flood Damage in Cartersville, GA?
Our highly trained crews are ready to respond 24/7 to storm or flood damage in Bartow County. Call SERVPRO of Bartow County at (770) 424-0400
SERVPRO of Bartow County specializes in storm and flood damage restoration. Our crews at SERVPRO of Bartow County are highly trained and we use specialized equipment to restore your property to its pre-storm condition.
Since we are locally owned and operated, we are able to respond quicker with the right resources, which is extremely important. A fast response lessens the damage, limits further damage, and reduces the restoration cost.
Resources to Handle Floods and Storms
When storms hit Bartow County, we can scale our resources to handle a large storm or flooding disaster. We can access equipment and personnel from a network of 1,650 Franchises across the country and elite Disaster Recovery Teams that are strategically located throughout the United States.
Have Storm or Flood Damage? Call SERVPRO of Bartow County Today (770) 387-7455
The People, Experience, Training and Equipment to make it "Like it never even happened."
The People - With over 10,000 quality teammates nationwide, SERVPRO Franchise Professionals are available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
The Training - Franchise Professionals undergo extensive fire restoration training an d certification SERVPRO Industries, Inc. offers an IICRC-approved school to help ensure our training meets and exceeds accepted industry standards.
The Experience - SERVPRO is a Franchise System with over 40 years of leadership in fire and water cleanup and restoration. Our track record of results has earned us the trust of the insurance industry, countless homeowners, commercial property managers and in one unforgettable instance, even the Pentagon.
The Equipment - With over 5,000,000 square feet of building space, housing over 140,000 pieces of cleaning and restoration equipment, SERVPRO Franchise Professionals have the resources to help you take back control of your life.
Lower Recovery Cost - Save Money
Mitigation requires quick action. The faster SERVPRO of Bartow County arrives on-site to preform cleanup and restoration, the better the results - including lower claim costs.
- Emergency Mitigation Services help minimize additional property damages.
- Restoration versus replacement of contents saves heirlooms and money too.
- Restorable contents will be cleaned and deodorized to preloss condition when possible
Have Storm or Flood Damage? Call SERVPRO of Bartow County Today (770) 387-7455
Do Air Purifiers Remove Mold?
Call SERVPRO of Bartow County for mold removal (770)387-7455
The short answer is yes, but to understand why and how air purifiers can be used to remove mold spores from the air, we need to take a closer look. In this article we will explore a few of the more commonly asked questions regarding air purifiers and mold removal. Hopefully it can help you to better understand how mold grows and how air purifiers can help prevent mold from spreading.
Call SERVPRO of Bartow County for a mold removal estimate (770) 387-7455
How does mold grow?
Mold is one of the most commonly found lifeforms on the planet and it reproduces or grows via spores. Spores can be carried by air currents and spread to environments it finds suitable to take root and grow (typically a cool damp area with poor air movement and minimal sunlight). It can be transferred from surface to surface by direct contact as well. Mold can be a very difficult thing to contain under certain conditions, but not all mold is bad. Penicillin mold, is a naturally occurring mold that has been used to derive the antibiotic penicillin. For the purpose of this article we will be referring to types of household mold that occur after water damage or exposure to the outdoors.
How Do Air Purifiers Remove Mold?
Mold spores are typically between 1-30 microns in size, which means that by using specialized filters called HEPA filters, mold spores can be trapped and removed from the air. Filtering the air in a contained contaminated areas with a HEPA filter will help prevent mold from traveling to non-contaminated areas as well as, reduce the number of airborne spores in the contained area.The goal of any mold removal is to remove, contain, or incapsulate all of the mold spores.
How Do HEPA Air Purifiers Work? What Is A HEPA Filter?
Many air purifiers utilize HEPA filters to remove contaminates such as pollen, pet dander, dust mites, tobacco smoke, mold spores and many other types of particulate matter. HEPA stands for high-efficiency particulate air so a HEPA filter is a high-efficiency particulate air filter. The way air purifiers typically work is by forcing contaminated air through one or more HEPA filters. These HEPA filters are designed to trap airborne particles greater than 0.3 microns in size. This effectively “cleans” the air and prevents contaminates from spreading to other areas.
When Should You Call A Professional?
This is going to be based on your comfort level and aptitude for home repair. Keep in mind that for most people, our homes are our largest investment and often garner professional repairs. There are all sorts of online resources for mold removal. We would suggest looking to government agencies like FEMA or the EPA or reputable privately held companies like the IICRC.
Here are some reasons you should consider calling in the professionals:
- The mold may already be spreading which creates a nightmare for the unexperienced to contain mold spores
- Spores will most likely be embedded in furniture and other porous objects, requiring additional specialized cleaning treatment.
- If your property has a history of leaks or condensation issues
Call SERVPRO of Bartow County for mold removal (770) 387-7455
Fastest To Your Cartersville Water Disaster
Call SERVPRO of Bartow County - (770)387-7455
Faster to any Disaster
Flooding and water emergencies don't wait for regular business hours and neither do we. SERVPRO of Bartow County provides emergency cleaning and restoration services 24 hours a day, 7 days a week - Including all holidays.
Flooding and water damage is very invasive. Water quickly spreads throughout your home and gets absorbed into floors, walls, furniture, and more. SERVPRO of Bartow arrives quickly and starts the water extraction process almost immediately. This immediate response helps to minimize the damage and the cleaning and restoration costs.
Water Damage Timeline
- Water quickly spreads throughout your property, saturating everything in its path.
- Water is absorbed into walls, floors, upholstery, and belongings.
- Furniture finishes may bleed, causing permanent staining on carpets.
- Photographs, books, and other paper goods start to swell and warp.
Hours 1 - 24:
- Drywall begins to swell and break down.
- Metal surfaces begin to tarnish.
- Furniture begins to swell and crack.
- Dyes and inks from cloth and paper goods spread and stain.
- A musty odor appears.
48 Hours to 1 Week:
- Mold and mildew may grow and spread.
- Doors, windows, and studs swell and warp.
- Metal begins to rust and corrode.
- Furniture warps and shows signs of mold.
- Paint begins to blister.
- Wood flooring swells and warps.
- Serious bio-hazard contamination is possible.
More Than 1 Week:
- Restoration time and cost increase dramatically; replacing contaminated materials and structural rebuilding may be extensive.
- Structural safety, mold growth, and bio-hazard contaminants pose serious risks to occupants.
Had a great experience with SERVPRO of Bartow County? Give us some feedback on Facebook or Google Review!
Valentine's Date Night Package Contest
How many candy hearts can you count?
Are you one of our local insurance agent?
Do you work at one of our local insurance office?
Could you use a night out with your special someone?
Then all you have to do is answer one more question correctly...How many hearts are in the jar?
The rules are pretty simple...Like SERVPRO of Bartow County's Facebook page and comment on the linked contest post with how many candy hearts you think are in the jar. Who ever guess the number or comes the closest will win SERVPRO of Bartow County's Valentine's Date Night Package.
We will announce the winner via Facebook, February 13th. SERVPRO of Bartow County would like to wish everyone the best of luck and a Happy Valentines Day!
Dangers of Extreme Cold
While your home can get damaged due to winter weather and extreme cold, your personal health is also at risk.Fifty-three people died and three were injured due to extreme cold in 2015. It is important to be aware of the effect extremely cold temperatures can have on you. The two main conditions to be aware of are frostbite and hypothermia.
Frostbite is caused when your skin is exposed to extremely cold temperatures. Physical symptoms are white or grayish-yellow skin, skin that feels unusually firm or waxy numbness.
Hypothermia is when your body temperature falls to an abnormally low temperature, caused from long exposure to cold weather. Signs of hypothermia include shivering, exhaustion, confusion, fumbling hands, memory loss, slurred speech, and drowsiness. If someone's body temperature is below 95°F, seek medical attention immediately.
To avoid these conditions, stay indoors if possible. If not, dress warm in layers and try to keep dry.
When fire or water damage puts the things that matter most on the line, you need the very best help on the line as well. That's why knowing the easiest ways to contact SERVPRO of Bartow County is so important. Just go to www.SERVPRObartowcounty.com on your mobile phone or call (770) 387-7455 to get the team that's faster to any size disaster. We're a leader in giving control back to homeowners, property managers, and even entire communities after the ravaging effects of water or fire. So weather you're responsible for 1,000 square feet or 100,000 - be ready for the worst with the very best: Your trusted, local SERVPRO Professionals.
National Influenza Vaccination Week is Comming!
If you haven't had a flu shot yet, you should probably consider it...
Why SERVPRO? Because we care!
Starting around 2005, the Center for Disease Control (CDC) established the National Influenza Vaccination week "to highlight the importance of continuing flu vaccination through the holiday season and beyond." In 2017, by the end of November only about 41% of the recommended US population has been vaccinated.
If you've already gotten the flu, you can still get vaccinated to protect you against other strands of the flu, according to the CDC. People with high risk of complications from the flu include young children, pregnant women, people with certain chronic health conditions, and people over the age of 65 should get vaccinated. Although anyone is at risk of getting the flu, for high-risk people, hospitalization or death is more likely than for others.
According to the CDC. "flu vaccination can reduce flu illness, doctors' visits, and missed work and school due to flu-related hospitalizations."
Get a flu shot today to protect yourself and your loved ones!
How SERVPRO of Bartow County Cleans-up Mold In Your Cartersville Home
SERVPRO of Bartow County can make it "Like it never even happened."
When there's a water intrusion, like a roof leak or leaking water line, mold can quickly become a problem in your home or business. Mold can cause health effects and can also cause significant damage to your property. Fortunately, SERVPRO of Bartow County have training, protective gear, and specialized equipment necessary to handle your mold problem. Although every mold damage scenario is different requiring a unique solutions, the general mod remediation process stays the same. the following steps illustrate a "typical" mold removal process.
Call SERVPRO of Bartow County (770) 387-7455 your local SERVPRO Franchise Professional
The mold cleanup and restoration process begins when you call SERVPRO of Bartow County call center. A representative will ask a series of questions to help determine the necessary equipment, resources, and personnel needed.
- Inspection and Damage Assessment - your property will be carefully inspected for signs of mold using technology designed to detect mold and hidden water sources. Mold feeds on cellulose and water can can be hidden from plain view.
- Mold Containment - Various containment procedures will be placed to prevent the spread of mold and isolate the contaminated area with physical barriers and negative air pressure to keep the mold spores from spreading during the cleanup process.
- Air Filtration - Specialized filtration equipment captures microscopic mold spores out of the air. SERVPRO technicians utilize powerful air scrubbers and HEPA vacuums to prevent the spread of these mold spores while the mold remediation is in progress.
- Removing Mold and Mold-Infested Materials - The mold remediation process depends on the amount of mold growth and the types of surfaces on which the mold appears. Anti-fungal and antimicrobial treatment will be used to eliminate mold colonies and help prevent new colonies from forming. Removing and disposing of mold-infested porous materials, like drywall and flooring, may be necessary to re-mediate heavy mold growth.
- Cleaning Contents and Belongings - SERVPRO of Bartow County Franchise Professionals clean your furniture, decorative items, curtains, and other restorable items affected by mold. They use a variety of cleaning techniques to clean and sanitize your belongings. They are also trained to remove odors and deodorization using fogging equipment.
- Restoration - Depending on the level of mold damage, drywall, sub-floors, and other building materials may be removed. Restoration may involve minor repairs, such as replacing drywall, painting and installing new carpet; or it may entail major repairs such as the reconstruction of various areas of rooms in a home or business.
SERVPRO of Bartow County understand mold and mold growth and have the training and equipment to remediate mold in your home or business.
Locally Owned Company with National Resources
We live and work in this community too; we might even be neighbors. As a locally owned and operated business, SERVPRO of Bartow County is close by and ready to help with your mold-damaged property. We are proud to be an active member of the Cartersville community and want to pitch in and help make our community the best it can be.