“Mold Removal” vs. Mold Remediation
What’s the Difference?
At SERVPRO of Bartow County, we understand the critical differences between mold removal and mold remediation when it comes to dealing with mold issues in your commercial or residential property.
Mold removal can be a misleading phrase. It suggests complete elimination of all mold, which is practically impossible. Mold spores exist everywhere, making it impractical to entirely remove all traces of mold. Instead, mold removal focuses on physically cleaning and scrubbing visible mold growth from surfaces. While it can improve the immediate appearance of affected areas, it may not address hidden mold or the underlying cause of the issue.
Mold remediation, on the other hand, is the comprehensive approach employed by SERVPRO of Bartow County. Our mold remediation process involves not only removing visible mold growth but also addressing the source of moisture that allowed the mold to thrive. By controlling and eliminating the moisture problem, we prevent future mold growth. Additionally, we utilize advanced techniques to contain the affected areas, preventing the spread of mold spores during the remediation process. Our specialized equipment, including air scrubbers and HEPA vacuums, helps capture airborne mold spores and ensures a thorough cleanup.
While mold removal may provide a temporary fix, mold remediation is the preferred method for long-term success. At SERVPRO of Bartow County, we prioritize your safety and well-being, providing comprehensive mold remediation services that create a healthy indoor environment for you and your family or employees. Trust our experienced team to address your mold concerns efficiently and effectively.
Signs of Mold? Call Today – (770) 387-7455
When water intrudes into your property, mold growth can start in as little as 48 hours. Consider the following mold facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic, float along in the air, and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise, the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor, and that odor can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
The Mold Remediation Process
Every mold damage scenario is different and requires a unique solution, but the general mold remediation process stays the same. Learn more about our mold remediation process.
- Emergency Contact - (770) 387-7455
- Inspection and Mold Damage Assessment
- Mold Containment
- Air Filtration
- Removing Mold and Mold-Infested Materials
- Cleaning Contents and Belongings
Locally Owned Company with National Resources
SERVPRO of Bartow County is locally owned and operated—so we live and work here too and are proud to be part of this community. We are also part of a national network of over 2180 Franchises with special Disaster Recovery Teams placed strategically throughout the country to respond to large scale disasters.
We are proud to serve our local communities: