Celebrate Safely This Fourth Of July
SERVPRO of Bartow County would like to wish you and your family a happy Fourth of July! The Fourth of July, that time of the year that we celebrate with friends and family at barbeques and picnics. With traditions like fireworks and bonfires, there may be some potentially dangerous situations along the way. In order to celebrate safely when it comes to these events, consider the following tips provided by the U.S. Fire Administration.
- The best way to enjoy fireworks is to view public fireworks displays put on by professionals.
- If you plan to use fireworks, ensure they are legal in your area.
- Always read the directions and warning labels on fireworks. If a device is not marked with the contents, directions and warning label, do not light it.
- Supervise children around fireworks at all times
- Stand several feet away from lit fireworks. If a firework does not go off, do not stand over it to investigate. Pour water over it and dispose of it.
More July Fourth Safety Tips
- Never light fireworks indoors or near dry grass.
- Keep a bucket of water and/or fire extinguisher nearby. Know how to operate the fire extinguisher properly.
- Do not wear loose clothing while cooking at a barbeque
- Use caution when using lighter fluid on a barbeque. Do not add fluid to an already lit fire, as the flame can flashback into the container and explode.
- Never grill in an enclosed area, as carbon monoxide could be produced.
See what our customers have to say about working with us or check us out at the BBB.
If you or someone you know is in need of fire restoration and clean up give SERVPRO of Bartow County. We’ve taken the hassle out of water restoration and can get you back to preloss condition in no time. We are a premier service provider for most national insurance providers and use the industry standard, Xactimate estimating software.