Prevent Commercial Property Fire Loss In Acworth GA
Commercial fires often are the most devastating real estate that a property owner will have to oversee. In addition to wreaking havoc on your property, fires can force you to relocate temporarily so you can maintain running your business while the restoration process is completed. However, property owners who implement high-quality safety practices can often avoid the devastation and destruction that results from commercial fires. Read the brief outline provided below to learn how you can protect your property:
- Install Automatic Fire Sprinklers
As many authorities know, having an automatic fire sprinkler on your property can reduce the risk of fire by up to 71%. Additionally, sprinklers can decrease your insurance premium. To keep your sprinkler in excellent condition, be sure that it is not blocked by dirt or paint. Also, be sure to inspect regularly your main control valve so that it is not left off. Finally, be sure that you take the precautions necessary to prevent the pipe from freezing.
Conduct Fire Emergency Training
Each of your employees should undergo fire safety training. The training can help prevent your staff members from being victimized. Here are a few subjects that should be covered in the emergency training:
- Hazard Recognition - Keep all combustible chemicals and materials away from heat-generating and electrical equipment.
- Prevention - Inspect your power sources regularly and don't overload your extension cords and outlets.
- Response - Teach your employees how to respond when a fire breaks out. Some subjects that should be covered include how to perform an organized evacuation, operate the fire extinguisher, and set the fire alarm.
Other issues that should be involved in the training include:
- Breathing Apparatus Training
- Fire Extinguisher Training
- Confined Space Entry Training
- First Aid Training
- General Staff Emergency Awareness Training
- Evacuation Exercise
Also, be sure that your employee team officials undergo the following fire emergency response training:
- Fire Safety Officer Training
- Fire Safety Adviser Training
- Chief and Deputy Chief Warden Training
- Emergency Control Organization Warden Training
- Spill Response Training
- Lay Flat Hose Training
Call SERVPRO of Bartow County Immediately
Although accessing and utilizing fire prevention measures is crucial and advantageous, there is still a chance that a fire could break out on your commercial property. If this happens, you need to know who to call for fast, efficient restoration services. The company to trust is SERVPRO of Bartow County. We have extensive industry experience and a passion for restoring offices to their original condition. We're ready to assist you immediately, so contact us now at (770) 387-7455.
Commercial Restoration Presents Unique Challenges
SERVPRO of Bartow County has the training, experience, and equipment to handle large commercial fire damage emergencies. Whether your fire emergency occurs in a restaurant, motel, or office building, we will respond quickly to mitigate the damage and manage the restoration project through to its completion. Learn more about SERVPRO of Bartow County training and certifications.
- Fire and Smoke Restoration Technician
- Odor Control Technician
- Upholstery & Fabric Cleaning Technician
- Water Damage Restoration Technician
As a locally owned and operated business, SERVPRO of Bartow County is strategically located to respond quickly to your fire emergency event. When commercial fire damage occurs in Acworth we have the resources and personnel to help. Call us today! (770) 387-7455.