Water Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
When water damage happens, your mind immediately jumps to, “How can I fix this?”. It’s only natural to want to fix things, but you must be careful with your efforts, so they aren't counterproductive. Cleaning up water damage can be a complicated process. Add to that the coordinating with insurance adjusters and working with multiple subcontractors, and things can get overwhelming very quickly.
Water damage cleanup is best left to the professionals like SERVPRO of Bartow County. This way you will have peace of mind that your property is in good hands and that you have a trained and insured advocate on your side. Your belongings will be treated with the care and respect they deserve, and you know that every effort will be made to save your precious items.
Have A Water Damage Emergency? Call (770) 387-7455
What To Do After Flooding
- Remove excess water by mopping and blotting.
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removal of lamps and tabletop items.
- Remove and prop wet upholstery and cushions.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
- Turn air conditioning on for maximum drying in summer.
- Remove colored rugs from wet carpeting.
- Remove art objects to a safe, dry place.
- Gather loose items from floors.
What NOT To Do After Flooding
- Don't leave wet fabrics in place. Hang furs and leather goods.
- Don't leave books, magazines or other colored items on wet carpet or floors.
- Don't use your household vacuum to remove water.
- Don't use television or other household appliances.
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging.