Seven Emergency Preparedness Tips
If a disaster strikes, will you be ready?
In recent years, many different types of disasters have affected the United States. Flooding, tornadoes, hurricanes, wildfires and blizzards are natural disasters that can threaten your home, business and community. SERVPRO of Bartow County wants you and your customers to be aware of the steps to take to help prepare for Mother Nature’s worst.
It is important to prepare before a disaster occurs. Consider the following steps to help you better prepare for an emergency:
- Sign up for local alerts and warnings, download apps, and/or check access for wireless emergency alerts.
- Develop and test emergency communication plans.
- Assemble update emergency supplies.
- Learn about local hazards and conduct a drill to practice emergency response actions.
- Participate in a preparedness discussion, training, or class.
- Collect and safeguard critical documents.
- Plan with neighbors to help each other and share resources.
You can reach SERVPRO of Bartow County at (770) 387-7455