Go Big and Go Green with SERVPRO of Bartow County
SERVPRO of Bartow County - The locally owned restoration company with National backing.
If you have ever had a weather related emergency, such as a flood, tree fall, pipe burst you may have experienced the frustration of calling for help only to find you would be put on a list and gotten to when you’re gotten to. If you have not had a weather or event related issue at your home or business, good. If you ever do, here’s a few things to keep in mind:
- Everyone you reach out to, whether a plumber, tree company or SERVPRO wants to help you and as quickly as possible.
- When an area is affected, whether by a micro burst, hurricane or deep freeze, the damage is common. In other words, if your pipes freeze when the temperature drops from 40 to seven over a 24 hour period, the same thing is happening all around you.
- Immediate response resources in an area are always limited. Your plumber of 15 years can not hire additional crews overnight, as much as he would like to.
So when this occurs, it pays to Go Big.
At SERVPRO of Bartow County, our first question is always: Is the source fixed or do you need help fixing the source? As one of the largest SERVPRO in Georgia, we work with a huge network of trades people and labor and can often recommend someone to help out. Once the source is fixed, our IICRC trained staff supplemented by experienced labor and equipment sources from all over the metro Atlanta area will be rolling.
Whether its factory fire, burst water heater or a tree on a house, We are Ready for Whatever Happens.
Had a great experience with SERVPRO of Bartow County? Give us some feedback on Facebook or Google Review!
How do I clean up a flooded basement?
Call SERVPRO of Bartow County for professional emergency water extraction service (770) 387-7455
One of the most common areas that flood in our homes are our basements. The water seeps in from different places and can ruin many beloved items. Typically, garages are near basements and can run into the same treatment. Water damage requires a professional to make sure you steer clear of possible mold damage. Here are some techniques you can use to make the process easier before we arrive:
- Use wooden clothespins to hang up clothes, children’s stuffed animals, and photographs that may have been effected.
- Make sure that furs and leather items dry separately and at room temperature.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture and wet carpeting.
- Remove upholstery and cushions for drying.
- Remove any excess water by mopping or blotting until we arrive.
SERVPRO is ready for any size disaster. If your basement floods, call us at (770) 387-7455.
Check us out on Facebook and Google Local
Different Types of Water Damage
Call SERVPRO of Bartow County for all or your water removal and extraction needs!
When your home or business suffers a water damage, understanding what type of water you are dealing with is critical to ensuring proper cleanup.
There are three types of water. Clean water is water from a broken pipe, or other water source; rainwater is also considered clean. The term gray water is used to classify slightly contaminated water. Clean water becomes gray water when it is left untreated allowing bacteria and other contaminants to begin growing, making the water hazardous. Black water is highly contaminated and filled with fungi, bacteria, chemicals and more. Black water is typically caused by sewage damage, flooding or any type of natural disaster. Black water should always be handled by trained professionals.
Consider taking the following precautions to help minimize damage or prevent further damage while waiting for help to arrive.
Damage from Clean Water
- Shut off the wate source if possible or contact a qualified professional to do so.
- Turn off circuit breakers for wet areas of the building if access to the power distribuion panel is safe from potential electrical shock. Do not enter rooms with standing water, as electrical shock hazards may exist.
- Remove as much excess water as possible by mopping and blotting. Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removing lamps and tabletop items.
- Remove and prop up wet upholstery cushions to allow more even drying.
- Move any paintings, art objects, computers, documents and other valuable items that may be sensitive to moisture to a safe place.
- Do not leave books, newspapers, magazines or other colored items on wet carpet or floors as they may cause staining.
- Do not use your household vacuum cleaner to remove water as there is potential for electrical shock or causing damage to the vacuum cleaner.
- Do not turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet; do not enter rooms where ceilings are sagging from retained water.
Damage from Contaminated Water
- Avoid all contact with sewage and items contaminated by sewage. Wash your hands thoroughly if you come in contact with contaminated items.
- Do not walk through contaminated areas, as you could spread damage to unaffected areas.
- Do not turn on the HVAC system if there is a possibility of spreading contaminated air.
- Do not use household fans to dry the structure;air flow could spread contaminants.
- Discard any food and/or products for personal hygiene and cleanliness if exposed to the contaminated areas.
Visit us at http://www.SERVPRObartowcounty.com/
Protect Your Home From Water Damage Before You Go On Vacation
24/7 Emergency Water Extraction
Call SERVPRO of Bartow County
Going on vacation should be relaxing and worry-free, which is why it is important to make sure your house is secure before you leave for your trip. Be SERVPRO ready so you don’t come back to damages in your home. Here are some tips for preparing your home provided by SERVPRO of Bartow County.
Make Arrangements with an Emergency Contact.
- Choose a close friend or neighbor you trust as your emergency contact and provide them with all of your itinerary information in case they need to contact you.
- A timer on lights will give the impression someone is home.
- Leave written directions for alarm codes, doors, or other information needed to properly care for your home.
- Make sure your mail is collected; burglars often look for homes with overflowing mail.
- The Post office can suspend your mail and deliver the day you get back. Here is a link to the US Post Office.
Take plumbing and electric precautions.
- Prevent leaks and floods from damaging your home by shutting off gas and water at the meter, supply tank, or appliances.
- Turn off the water valves to washing machines, sinks, and the dishwasher.
- Unplug electronics to cut down on any possible shortages which could potentially cause a disastrous fire.
- Check your smoke detectors to ensure they are working properly.
- Adjust your thermostat for the season. Keeping your thermostat at 55-60 degrees in the winter and 75-80 degrees in the summer should help control usage.
Right before you leave:
- Notify your security company that you are leaving town.
- Take out the kitchen trash and other trash that could get smelly.
- Go on one last walk through of your house to secure windows, blinds, fences, doors, and plugs. This will ensure all entries are safe from hazardous obstructions.
If you come back from vacation and encounter damage to your home, call SERVPRO of Bartow Count (770) 387-7455. We clean up mold, fire, or water damage to your home or business in the Cartersville Area.
Visit us at http://www.SERVPRObartowcounty.com/
The Dangers of Mold & The Need For Mold Removal Services
Scientists have revealed that there are more than 1000 types mold that can breed in homes and buildings. If you are wondering why you should be concerned about the mold situation in your home, you’d be interested to note that on average, most people spend 70% of their time indoors. This means that you can easily be affected by exposure from mold damage,and smelly odor. Mold in home should not be taken lightly; mold removal needs to be sought from professional companies. Mitigation and deodorization of the mold damage is much easier than letting the situation get out of control.
To appreciate the need for mold removal services or commercial mold damage expertise, you need to understand the dangers of mold. If the mold in the home is visible, then the situation is already bad. However, the tricky bit about mold in home and fungus is that in most cases it is not visible. However, it could still cause health effects your family.
Mold requires a host surface to grow on. Mold and fungi may lurk in places such as kitchen cabinets, walls and on bread. In fact, the green stuff often seen on bread is a cluster of networks of mold. This type of mold is visible to the naked eye, but most of the other types are not. These “un-clustered” types are usually in the air. This means that mold, and fungus are very hard to spot. In light of this, it is important to conduct a mold inspection check. Commercial mold damage companies have specialized tools to spot the mold in home and conduct mold removal, remediation and deodorization to deal with the smelly odor.
Mold also lives off humid and warm environments just like other organic matters. These places include old newspapers, window sills, bathroom walls, wall-paper, ceilings and leather jackets. The same case applies to mildew which is a type of fungus or mold. Mildew also lurks in musty basements, shower walls and other places with high moisture. Mold, mildew, and fungus find a way into homes through doors, carpets, windows and walls. Mold spores can also be carried and dispersed into the environment through pets, shoes, and clothing.
If unattended, the mold situation can bring about a smelly odor. For this, mold damage professionals conduct deodorization to musk the smell and improve the indoor air quality. Most home owners ignore the mold, fungus and mildew removal on the argument that small amounts of these microorganisms cannot hurt. However, mold replicates and grows rapidly. When it gets worse, it leads to a serious hazard. Mold remediation should therefore not be taken lightly. Mitigation and mold removal services need to be sought immediately.
Mold removal services include deodorization, remediation, and mitigation. Commercial mold damage companies have the equipment, technology, and expertise to conduct thorough mold removal for mold in home and mold in business. It can effect your health to allow for mold to get out of hand, hiring mitigation services and improve the quality of air in your home.
Visit www.SERVPRObartowcounty.com for more information on mold removal and remediation.
Call SERVPRO of Bartow County for All of Your Mold Removal Needs! - (770) 387-7455 -
We are proud to serve our local communities:
Five Things To Know About Mold Damage in Cartersville GA
SERVPRO Technicians Look for Causes and Contributors to Mold Damage in Your Home
Cartersville GA gets balmy sometimes during its beautiful warm weather seasons. It is also humid and wet at times. Unfortunately, these conditions tend to give rise to humidity and where there is humidity there is the risk of fungal growth. Homeowners in Cartersville need to be aware of the problem of mold damage, and the difficulties of keeping mold away.
SERVPRO has much experience with mold damage in Cartersville GA. Our customers ask us many questions about mold, what it is, how it grows, and how best to prevent it from coming back. Here are five facts about mold damage that we would like to share with you.
1. Mold can grow almost anywhere if it has enough moisture and food. Moisture is key to fungal growth, so anywhere that is humid is a prime location for the spores to settle and grow. Mold also needs a food source – most organic materials work.
2. Mold is around us all the time. It is not a very pleasant thought, but in fact, invisible mold spores are present in almost all of nature. The spores settle anywhere that has good growing conditions and set to work growing a new colony.
3. There is no such thing as mold eradication. Customers often ask us if it is possible to eradicate mold. The answer is no; it is not feasible to remove fungus altogether because it is omnipresent. However, it is possible to discourage regrowth by removing water sources.
4. The visible part of the mold that you see with your naked eye is called the mycelium and is made up of many tiny thread-like cells called hyphae. The hyphae release spores which travel to other locations within your home and set up new colonies.
5. You can do a lot to discourage mold growth by keeping your home dry and well ventilated and fixing any leaks or damp patches as soon as you find them.
SERVPRO’s IICRC-certified technicians are on hand for mold remediation in your home. We use a combination of scrubbing, wiping, and HEPA vacuuming to remove visible fungus. We also have negative air machines and dehumidifiers on hand to remove contaminated air and lower humidity.
For mold remediation in Runyon, South Bay, Watson and surrounding areas, call SERVPRO of Bartow County at (770) 387-7455 for assistance.
If you would like more information about our restoration services Visit us at http://www.SERVPRObartowcounty.com/
For more information regarding Bartow County GA, click here
Crawlspace Moisture Problems in Cartersville GA
Do you have problems with moisture in your crawlspace? Has a leak pipe caused mold, mildew or wood rot? Call SERVPRO of Bartow County and we can handle that for you. Our trained and certified mold remediation technicians can diagnose your crawlspace moisture problem and get your crawlspace dried out in no time. Our technicians will remove any wet insulation in your crawlspace, treat the mold and mildew with an anti microbial sanitary solution, dry the wet floor joists or subflooring and remove and reset the vapor barrier so that you have no more problems of moisture damaging your home environment.
If you have a mold problem in your home or business, consider the following facts:
- Significant mold growth can occur in 48-72 hours.
- Mold may present a greater risk to children, the elderly, and anyone with respiratory problems.
- A strong, musty odor may indicate hidden mold behind drywall or under carpeting.
What to Do:
- Stay out of affected areas.
- Turn off the HVAC system and fans.
- Contact SERVPRO of Bartow County for mold remediation services.
What Not to Do:
- Don’t touch or disturb the mold.
- Don’t blow air across any surfaces with visible or suspected mold growth.
- Don’t attempt to dry the area yourself.
- Don’t spray bleach or other disinfectants on the mold.
Don’t forget to call your locally owned SERVPRO of Bartow County at (770) 387-7455 to get a complimentary estimate!
We are proud to serve our local communities:
Distraction is a Significant Cause of Fire Damage in Cartersville GA
Smoke Odors and Fire Cleanup Performed by SERVPRO Professionally
Household fires frequently elicit an “if only” remark from the homeowner after the flames die down. “If only” I had turned off the stove before watering the flowers. “If only” I checked to make sure curtains were tied back when I turned on the space heater. “If only” I blew out the candles on the dining room table when my guests and I retired to the living room after dinner.
We hear these stories regularly when assessing homes for needed fire damage restoration in Cartersville. Letting a pot boil dry because you get caught up chatting with a neighbor is a not uncommon tale, but yours ignited a blaze. Smoke and soot quickly covered every inch of your kitchen and the space on your laminate countertop where you placed the red-hot pan suffered a deep and unsightly burn. Our fire damage restoration and repair team assesses the situation and lists the tasks needed to transform a sooty, smelly mess to preloss “Like it never even happened.” condition.
You put out the fire in the pot with a chemical extinguisher and were glad that kitchen structure did not sustain damage from open flames. Even though charring, other than the melted counter, is minimal, you are astonished at how far the soot drifted through your home. The smell of burning plastic is pervasive as well. The SERVPRO project manager we send to evaluate takes note of the widespread nature of soot and smoke damage and devises a plan to clean up the various residues and eliminate that horrible odor.
Technicians on our SERVPRO team hold certifications in Fire and Smoke Restoration, Odor Control, Upholstery and Fabric Cleaning, and Carpet Cleaning received from completing IICRC courses. All of these specialties are crucial as we move from room to room in your Florida home cleaning up the ash and soot from all surfaces. Making professional decisions on the tools to use and the products that enhance the equipment's cleaning action is essential to a successful outcome. Fire damage cleaning is not a “one size fits all” process. Light dustings of soot vacuum or dry-sponge up well, while sticky airborne residues from the melted countertop may need a solvent and abrasive scrubbers to eliminate.
Repair of the counter top and the deodorization procedure are likely to be our last jobs. Depending on the depth of the melted area, the burn mark may buff out or the damaged piece might have to be removed and a new portion installed. SERVPRO approaches deodorization step by step, beginning with the removal of the offending substance and then moving to high-tech solutions like thermal fogging, ozone machines or hydroxyl generators. You can rely on our expertise on all counts.
SERVPRO of Bartow County is more than ready to rescue you and your family from a momentary lapse that resulted in fire damage to your home. Call for a consultation at (770) 387-7455.
Welcome to Bartow County right here!
What to do Following a Fire at Your Home or Business
One of the most devastating experiences you can face in your lifetime is a fire in your home or business. If that occurs, there are some specific steps you need to take to best protect your property in the aftermath of a residential or commercial fire.
Emergency Fire Damage Response
A crucial step that you need to take in the aftermath of a fire in home or fire in business is obtaining prompt emergency fire damage response from a professional. The reality is that fire in home or fire in business damages are best mitigated if a professional team is on site as soon after a fire as possible. The reality is that not every fire restoration company in operation has the ability to provide a rapid response for you.
Securing the Premises
Another important step following a fire in home or fire in business is securing the premises. This includes securing the premises from further damage, but also from others who might try to enter the property inappropriately.
The process of securing the premises following a fire includes a proper board up. The board up process covers the obvious, including windows. However, when it comes to the board up process, doors are likely to be damaged. Indeed, the board up effort may need to include sections of walls as well. In the aftermath of a residential or business fire, engaging a professional who is experienced in all elements of securing the premises, including appropriate board up, is vital.
Covering the Essential Elements of Fire Damage Restoration
Appropriate fire damage restoration is a multifaceted endeavor. The process begins with essential fire cleanup. Fire cleanup is a task that must commences in a timely manner to prevent further degradation of the premises. In addition, fire cleanup in a prompt manner is necessary to open the doors for the remaining tasks that must be undertaken to remediate fire damage. Fire cleanup is best undertaken by a professional.
Once the preliminary cleanup tasks are completed, the focus moves to address issues like addressing smoke damage, soot damage, and smoke smell. Once again, in order to appropriately address smoke damage, soot damage, and smoke smell after a fire in home or fire in business, professional assistance is a must. In order to thoroughly address issues like smoke damage, soot damage, and smoke smell, a home or business owner must have access to a professional with suitable skills and equipment. As part of the fire restoration process, smoke damage, soot damage, and smoke smell must be addressed in a timely manner to protect the property and minimize the long-term impact of fire damage.
Residential Versus Commercial Fire Damage
When seeking fire damage restoration services, you need to make sure that you select a restoration company that focuses on residential or commercial fire damage, or both areas, depending on your specific needs. The reality is that there are difference in what needs to be addressed when it comes to residential and commercial fire damage. You must access a restoration company that works in the realm of residential or commercial fire damage remediation, depending on the nature of your situation.
Expenses and a Fire Restoration Company
There are notable price disparities between fire damage restoration professionals. Although you must be quick in obtaining assistance, you can take a reasonable amount of time to engage in at least some price shopping. Take the appropriate amount of time to examine the price points of fire restoration services available in your community. In addition, make sure you examine the scope of services offered by a particular restoration provider. In the final analysis, you are best served engaging a professional that provides comprehensive restoration services for your home or business.
Why Your Business Needs an Emergency Ready Plan
An estimated 50% of businesses that close due to a disaster, such as fire and flood never reopen.
SERVPRO of Bartow County has worked with many businesses in the area to ensure they are prepared for any emergency.
- Between 2004-2008 16,360 fires happened in retail stores and other mercantile properties such as grocery stores beauty and barbershops.
- Those fires caused $648 million in property damage. Fire damage is worse after normal business hours. Fires that started between 9PM-5AM caused $75,000 dollars in damage. First that started between 5AM-9AM caused $24,000 dollars in fire damage.
- More than 60% of U.S. small businesses do not have formal emergency response plans & do not back-up their data off site.
No Plan Means You're Less Likely to Recover
- 80% of companies that do not recover from a disaster within 1 month are likely to go out of business.
- 75% of companies without a business contingency plan fail within 3 years of a disaster.
- 70% of small business that experience major data loss go out of business within a year.
- 43% of companies that experience catastrophic data loss never reopen.
- 51% of companies with data loss closed within 2 years.
Tips For Creating a Successful Emergency Ready Plan
Let the professionals help you. Work with an emergency restoration company for assistance in creating your emergency ready profile.
- Identify and label utility shut-off locations.
- Identify local utility contact information.
- Identify local emergency contact information such as fire, police, and hospital contacts.
- Establish main internal contacts for purposes of employee safety and emergency work authorization.
The SERVPRO® Ready Plan is a tool for property managers and owners, both residential and commercial. It allows for the creation of an Emergency READY Profile. Please contact one our Business Development Representative to setup your free Emergency Ready Profile (770) 387-7455
As a trusted leader in the restoration industry, SERVPRO of Bartow County has highly trained technicians that are dedicated to responding faster to any size disaster. We provide 24-hour emergency service and have the training and expertise to handle your restoration and cleaning needs. "Like it never happened." Contact us for more information.
We are proud to serve our local communities: